What is a Grievance?
A grievance is a complaint about anything other than benefits, coverage or payment. You would file a grievance if you had problems with the value of your medical care, waiting times or the customer service you receive. You would file a grievance if you did not think we responded fast enough to your request for coverage determination or organization determination, or to your appeal.
Filing a Grievance
You or your appointed representative can file a grievance by:
- Sending your complaint in writing to the address below:
Superior HealthPlan STAR+PLUS Medicare-Medicaid Plan (MMP)
7700 Forsyth Blvd
Saint Louis MO 63105
- Calling our Superior STAR+PLUS MMP Member Services team at 1-866-896-1844 / (TTY 711)
- Fax your complaint to us at 1-844-273-2671
- Calling Medicare at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) or TTY 1-877-486-2048. Calls to this number are free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Online by visiting www.Medicare.gov
For more information, call Member Services at 1-866-896-1844. Hours are from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday. After hours, on weekends and on holidays, you may be asked to leave a message. Your call will be returned the next business day. TTY users call 711.
Last Updated: 03/01/2017