Rights and Responsibilities
As a Superior HealthPlan (Superior) STAR+PLUS Medicare-Medicaid (MMP) member you have the right to:
- Get information in a way you will know it. We can give you information in other languages. We can give you information in large print, or other formats.
- Be treated with fairness and respect at all times.
- Get covered services and drugs in a timely manner.
- Not let anyone know your health information.
- Not telling others about your health.
- Get information about the plan.
- Get information about the network of providers.
- Get information about covered services.
- Make decisions about your care on your own.
- Make complaints about your care.
- Ask us again to approve a request that was originally denied.
As a member you need to:
- Know your covered services.
- Know the rules you must follow to get these covered services.
- Tell us if you have other health insurance.
- Tell us if you have other drug coverage.
- Tell your doctor and other providers that you are enrolled in our plan.
- Help your doctors and other providers help you by giving them information.
- Ask your doctors any questions you have about your care or medications.
- Follow instructions about your care.
- Tell us if you move.
Call Superior’s Member Services to receive a complete list of Member Rights and Responsibilities or refer to your Member Handbook.
For more information, call Member Services at 1-866-896-1844. Hours are from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday. After hours, on weekends and on holidays, you may be asked to leave a message. Your call will be returned the next business day. TTY users call 711.
Last Updated: 10/01/2016