If numbers 1-4 apply to you, you may be able to sign up for Superior HealthPlan (Superior) STAR+PLUS Medicare-Medicaid (MMP). If they do not, you are not able to join.
Superior MMP will be open to individuals that meet all of these rules:
- Age 21 or older at the time you join.
- Get Medicare Part A, enrolled in Medicare Parts B and D, and get full Texas Medicaid benefits.
- Are in the Medicaid STAR+PLUS program, which serves Texas Medicaid members who have disabilities or get STAR+PLUS Home and Community Based Services waiver services.
- Live in one of these counties: Bexar, Dallas and Hidalgo
You are not eligible to participate if you are:
- Under the age of 21;
- Signed up for both Medicare and Texas Medicaid and have other insurance;
- Living in an Intermediate Care Facility for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/IID) and related conditions; and
- An individual with developmental disabilities who gets services through one of these waivers:
- Community Living Assistance and Support Services (CLASS)
- Deaf Blind with Multiple Disabilities Program (DBMD)
- Home and Community-based Services (HSC)
- Texas Home Living Program (TxHmL)
Contact the state enrollment broker at 1-877-782-6440, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. TTY users should call 1-800-735-2989.
For more information, call Member Services at 1-866-896-1844. Hours are from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday. After hours, on weekends and on holidays, you may be asked to leave a message. Your call will be returned the next business day. TTY users call 711.
Last Updated: 10/01/2016