Superior HealthPlan STAR+PLUS Medicare-Medicaid Plan (MMP) is a Medicare-Medicaid Plan made up of doctors, hospitals, pharmacies, providers of long-term services and supports, and other providers. It also has service coordinators and service coordination teams to help you manage all your providers and services. They all work together to provide the care you need.
There are many advantages in joining this type of plan, including:
- Getting all of your covered Medicare and Medicaid services from Superior HealthPlan STAR+PLUS Medicare-Medicaid Plan (MMP). You won’t pay extra to join our health plan.
- Having both an individual Service Coordinator and service coordination team who will work with you, and with your care providers, to come up with a Plan of Care specifically designed to meet your health needs. Your service coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the services you need such as informing your doctors about the medicines you take and ensuring that your test results are shared with you.
Superior HealthPlan STAR+PLUS Medicare-Medicaid Plan (MMP) will be open to individuals that meet all of these rules:
- Age 21 or older at the time you join.
- Get Medicare Part A, enrolled in Medicare Parts B and D, and get full Texas Medicaid benefits.
- Are in the Medicaid STAR+PLUS program, which serves Texas Medicaid members who have disabilities or get STAR+PLUS Home and Community-based Services (HCBS) waiver services.
- Live in one of these counties: Bexar, Dallas or Hidalgo.
You are not eligible to participate if you are:
- Under the age of 21;
- Signed up for both Medicare and Texas Medicaid and have other insurance;
- Living in an Intermediate Care Facility for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/IID) and related conditions; and
- An individual with developmental disabilities who gets services through one of these waivers:
- Community Living Assistance and Support Services (CLASS)
- Deaf Blind with Multiple Disabilities Program (DBMD)
- Home and Community-based Services (HCBS) (TxHmL)
- Texas Home Living Program (TxHmL)
This information is available for free in other languages. For more information, call Member Services at 1-866-896-1844. Hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday. After hours, on weekends and on holidays, you may be asked to leave a message. Your call will be returned the next business day. TTY users call 711.
We are here to help you get the healthcare you need, when you need it and to keep you healthy.
Now is the time to think about what you want to get out of your health care plan. It is your choice!
More information on Medicare benefits and services can be found 24 hours a day, seven days a week at www.medicare.gov (By clicking on this link you will be leaving the Superior Health Plan website) or call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227), TTY users call: 1-877-486-2048. Calls to this number are free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.