Superior HealthPlan STAR+PLUS Medicare-Medicaid Plan (MMP) is a Medicare-Medicaid Plan made up of doctors, hospitals, pharmacies, providers of long-term services and supports, and other providers. It also has service coordinators and service coordination teams to help you manage all your providers and services. They all work together to provide the care you need.
There are many advantages in joining this type of plan including:
- Getting all of your covered Medicare and Medicaid services from Superior STAR+PLUS MMP plan. You won’t pay extra to join our health plan.
- Having both an individual service coordinator and service coordination team who will work with you, and with your care providers, to come up with a Plan of Care specifically designed to meet your health needs. Your service coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the services you need such as informing your doctors about the medicines you take and ensuring that your test results are shared with you.
To be eligible for this plan, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be age 21 or older, and
- Live in either the Bexar, Dallas or Hidalgo service delivery area, and
- Have both Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B, and
- Are a United States Citizen or are lawfully present in the US, and
- You are eligible for Medicaid and at least one of the following:
- Have a physical disability or a mental disability and quality for Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or
- Qualify for Medicaid because you receive Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver services; and
- You are NOT enrolled in one of the following 1915(c) waiver programs:
- Community Living Assistance and Support Services (CLASS)
- Deaf Blind with Multiple Disabilities Program (DBMD)
- Home and Community-based Services (HCS)
- Texas Home Living Program (TxHmL)
This information is available for free in other languages. For more information, call Member Services at 1-866-896-1844. Hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday. After hours, on weekends and on holidays, you may be asked to leave a message. Your call will be returned the next business day. TTY users call 711.
We are here to help you get the healthcare you need, when you need it and to keep you healthy.
Now is the time to think about what you want to get out of your health care plan. It is your choice!
More information on Medicare benefits and services can be found 24 hours a day, seven days a week at www.medicare.gov or call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227), TTY users call: 1-877-486-2048. Calls to this number are free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.